This is your chance to be at the forefront of leading the charge to make Jushi the standard in multi-state cannabis operations. We are seeking a Processing Technician who will assist the processing team in the post-harvest processes of raw cannabis biomass as well as the packaging, labeling, and order fulfillment of cannabis-infused products.
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical-grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform mechanical and hand bucking of cannabis biomass
- Accurate weighing and labeling of biomass on racks and storage bins
- Perform drying and curing duties as directed
- Perform mechanical and hand trimming of cannabis flower
- Perform mechanical and hand packaging of cannabis flower
- Package cannabis flower by weight
- Assemble primary, secondary, or tertiary packaging for all Cannabis products
- Perform primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging of Cannabis products
- Print and apply labels to finish packaged product
- Responsible for light to medium maintenance of automated equipment including cleaning and preventative maintenance
- Operate, maintain, and clean processing, packaging, and labeling equipment
- Data Entry and record-keeping of all information pertinent to the traceability of medical cannabis
- Follow all site Safety requirements including use of PPE; Safety meetings as required
- Perform other functions as necessary to provide an adequate supply of products to meet patient demand
- Conduct counts of packaging/labeling materials
- Provide feedback to improve process quality and efficiency
- Adheres to a rigorous production schedule and works to ensure products is processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Adhere to strict sanitation practices throughout the facility
- Other tasks, as determined by the Director of Processing, to ensure the smooth operation of the facility
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
- At least 2 years relevant experience working in an order entry/picking/labeling/packaging/customer service position
- Excellent computer, mathematical, language, and reasoning skills
- Previous experience in the medical cannabis industry (preferred)
- The ability to constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Must be able to occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat/kneel/crawl and sit or stand for extended periods of time
- The ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial; Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication may be required.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges are essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents
- Some heavy lifting may be required; The exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force may be required occasionally
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment
- Must be comfortable operating and troubleshooting label printing equipment.
- Able to work independently as well as operating as a team
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.