GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
The Packaging Process Engineer will support the commercial manufacturing process and production expansion, as well as ongoing operations. This position will be responsible for the technical and operational elements of new packaging and packaging functionality. Additional responsibilities involve supporting process improvement, materials selection and usage, and ensuring delivery to customer specifications and timelines in support of corporate initiatives. The Packaging Process Engineer must have a strong work ethic, competitive and team-oriented spirit, and great attention to detail.
The Packaging Process Engineer will be responsible for:
• Develop innovative, timely, and cost-effective packaging concepts that align with timelines, Operations, and improve upon existing and proposed packaging lines.
• Coordinate activities and project deliverables across all operation sites including but not limited to, reviewing new projects, troubleshooting packaging related issues, and incorporate process improvement initiatives.
• Support the packaging automation effort to save costs, increase asset availability and reliability.
• Assemble, facilitate, and participate in cross functional teams, between Project Management, Graphic Design, Compliance, Sourcing, Quality, Operations, and Marketing stakeholders.
• Actively participate in equipment validation and qualification for all packaging related equipment as needed for Operations, Logistics, Manufacturing and Food.
• Define critical process parameters, operational ranges and acceptance for quality assurance and process validation activities for new packaging concepts for food, manufactured and other primary products.
• Assist with updating documentation for changes to existing packaging forms along with new and create technical specifications for packaging materials used in the manufacturing process.
• Support Supply Chain, Operations and Logistics with equipment manufacturer communications and packaging specific vendors.
• Organize and provide training for operations and engineering employees on procedures and equipment relevant to packaging and automation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• BS in Packaging Engineering or 5-7 years relevant technical experience in a consumer packaging environment.
• 3-5 years of experience managing automated packaging lines preferred or developing packaging for automated lines for combination weigh scales, capping, labeling and inline printing on multiple packaging forms and or materials.
• Experience developing, reviewing, redlining, and approving packaging specifications.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical guidelines a plus (GMP, GDP, ASTM)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).