This is your chance to be at the forefront of leading the charge to make Jushi the standard in multi-state cannabis operations. We are seeking an Purchasing Manager who will be responsible for purchasing inventory for Nature’s Remedy (NR) dispensaries in accordance with budgets, supply, and demand. The Purchasing Manager will also coordinate with retail store vault managers to ensure COAs, product information, and delivery logistics are communicated. This position will be based in Massachusetts and will report to the Sr. Director of Commercial Operations.
In Massachusetts, we are a vertically integrated medical and adult-use retailer, cultivator, and product manufacturer. Our dispensaries are in Millbury and Tyngsboro, and our products can also be found at other marijuana facilities in Massachusetts. Our Millbury adult-use dispensary opened in September of 2019 as the 28th recreational marijuana retailer in the state. Our Tyngsboro adult-use dispensary opened in June of 2020.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Purchase inventory for NR dispensaries in accordance with budgets, supply, and demand
- Coordinate with retail store vault managers to ensure COAs, product information, and delivery logistics are communicated
- Daily audits of retail store menus to ensure accuracy
- Assists in creating and updating product SKUs in retail backend POS system for cannabis and non-cannabis inventory
- Setup and maintain retail POS displays in accordance with guidance from marketing and commercial departments
- Monitor inventory levels of cannabis and non-cannabis products to ensure sufficient product supply
- Submit proposed allocations of product from cultivation to retail stores based on current levels of inventory and available product
- Coordinate deliveries to NR dispensaries from internal and third-party vendors
- Coordinate wholesale and internal product returns and monitor product return logs
- Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
- Analyze sales data to establish budgets and forecasts
- Collect and relay customer feedback to internal departments for continuous improvement
- Generate and submit weekly purchase orders from multiple vendors
- Generate detailed reports based on market research, sales results, and data management
- Assist Commercial team with research and gathering market insights
- Coordinate emerging administrative tasks in Commercial department
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in business, supply chain, management, or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in procurement/purchasing or similar role
- Purchasing experience working in Consumer Goods Industry
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required
- Advanced proficiency in Leaf Logix or similar POS system strongly preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a high paced, timeline-driven setting
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Excellent attention to detail, superior organizational skills, strong written & verbal communication skills
- Cannabis industry experience preferred; genuine and extensive knowledge and passion for cannabis strongly preferred
- Must pass a background check in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.