GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical-grade cannabis formulations in the United States, offering patients and customers premium cannabis and related products.
The Director of Retail Operations will be responsible for the in-store customer experience to ensure that every location consistently reflects the company’s brand image. The Director of Retail Operations will be responsible for maximizing the profitability of the retail stores, controlling operating costs, implementing merchandise programs, and achieving sales and profitability goals. This individual should have experience overseeing regulated dispensary operations in a compliant market. This role should have the ability to grow a business from the start-up phase through ongoing activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with state and local agencies and serve as the point of contact for Jushi
- Understand the consumer and act as their voice in decision making
- Establish the Jushi Beyond/Hello brand at the local and state levels
- Create a consistent in-store experience for customers across all retail operations; work with operations leaders to ensure store experience meets expectations consistently
- Work with HR to develop retail policies and procedures and incorporate into day to day operations
- Ensure all retail facilities operate in full compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Coordinate with Operations team on inventory supply including necessary transportation and logistics to and from retail locations
- Recruit and develop Dispensary Management across all locations
- Create all retail KPI’s and work with each Dispensary Manager to meet and exceed
- Monitor each retail store’s inventory, staffing, and other operational aspects to optimize store performance
- Responsible for communicating regional performance and feedback to the VP of Retail.
- Maximizes profits and assets and is responsible for short and long term planning in areas of budgeting, goal setting, and team development
- Understands the overall retail environment and competitive landscape of the region, such as indirect competition, market awareness, industry trends, etc
- Assist in the development of all retail design, layouts, and overall customer experience.
- Work with our VP of Marketing/Branding to implement promotions and other marketing/advertising initiatives
- Direct the procurement department, which is responsible for purchasing all products intended for retail sales.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline, Masters Preferred
- 7+ years relevant experience working in a Hospitality or Retail, brick and mortar environment with a large national chain
- Experience with project management, change management and driving programs independently
- Experience working with start-ups and helping organizations through scaling
- A strong knowledge of retail operations, merchandising, and human resources
- Consumer Packaged Goods and cannabis industry experience a plus
- Experience driving profitable sales
- Expert in retail with experience managing multiple retail locations
- Strong analytical skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).