GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical-grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
- Take ownership of the research and documentation of the Company’s technical accounting position with emphasis on business combinations and lease accounting under US GAAP( IFRS experience a plus but not essential.)
- Lead goodwill and long-lived asset impairment assessment.
- This will be a highly visible role and will require extensive collaboration with business development, legal, valuation, M&A integration, Financial Reporting, GL Accounting and FP&A.
- Provide supporting schedules, journal entries and documentation as required.
- Take lead in the drafting of relevant disclosures pertaining to technical matters researched.
- Work on valuation concepts and financial modeling using MS Excel. (Intermediate level of understanding of valuation concepts )
- Develop and update accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP as the business grows and evolves.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with external auditors on complex accounting matters.
- Design and implement internal controls relevant to role.
- Participate in cross functional projects related to financial reporting and disclosure matters including rollout of lease accounting software.
- Drive continuous improvement in the complex accounting process.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience (public accounting and technical accounting experience preferred)
- CPA required
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP (knowledge of IFRS a plus)
- Intermediate level of understanding of valuation concepts and financial modeling using MS Excel.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges
- Strong project management skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to understand, summarize and communicate complex accounting topics
- High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive within a post-start up, fast-paced, global public company environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).