NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF PACKAGING
This is your chance to be at the forefront of leading the charge to make Jushi the standard in multi-state cannabis operations. We are seeking a National Director of Packaging who will be responsible for assisting the National Operations team on the Packaging Program at all Jushi operated facilities and will closely collaborate with the Processing, Cultivation, Manufacturing, Quality & Compliance, Supply Chain, Facilities & Business Operations, functions to ensure the success of Jushi Operations. The role will be responsible for developing, recommending, and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to reduce cost, eliminate waste, improve process efficiencies, and reduce operational risks. The National Director of Packaging will help lead and develop a high-performing team that is responsible for streamlining the packaging process necessary for all Jushi operated facilities. (Candidate must reside on the east coast in any of the states listed - VA, IL, MA, PA, OH, or NY.)
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical-grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Implement and improve all packaging procedures and automation equipment nationally; noting problems and/or redundancies and recommending solutions to develop operational efficiencies and ensure quality directives. (Includes 75% travel)
- Create, improve, implement, and ensure quality standards and procedures for packaging operations working with the National Quality Team.
- Analyze existing workflows and assist in the design development to transform process flow in the building ensuring production efficiencies
- Develop processes and procedures to effectively meet or exceed operational expectations
- Develop & update all related SOP’s, process documentation, work instructions, and other tools to support execution of the program
- Develop innovative, timely, and cost-effective production and packaging line concepts that align with timelines, company goals, and improve upon existing operations.
- Continually research and engage manufacturers to provide processing operations with cutting-edge automated technology and innovative processes
- Provide coaching and direction concerning operational and personnel issues in the Packaging Department via direct working relationships with individual Plant Directors and National Team
- Monitor employee progress; train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through personal and professional growth
- Create and manage approved budgets in relation to packaging across all facilities
- Assist with data analysis, conclusions, and presentations related to current and future operations
- Support regulatory compliance activities including authoring and review of study reports, and SOPs
- Assist Processing Division with overseeing all post-harvest processes (including drying, trimming, curing, and packaging) across all cultivation facilities owned and operated by Jushi
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Engineering or any related field required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of management experience in field-based project management for a company with a multi-site presence
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
- Strong knowledge and experience of post-harvest processing of agricultural/plant material on a commercial scale
- Business acumen with broad understanding of the business model, science, facilities, engineering, process development, supply chain, quality, compliance, regulatory, and information technology expectations for cell therapy
- Background in manufacturing strongly preferred
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- Strong problem solving, synthesizing, and analytical skills
- Ability to create detailed project plans and high-level milestones across cross-functional teams to ensure projects are on track
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, both large and small, with competing due dates and present status to management
- Quick learner – grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, knows how to work well with diverse and dynamic teams across multiple functions, e.g., operations, sales, legal, marketing, HR, technology
- Strong negotiation skills, striking a balance between being flexible and driving for results with aggressive timelines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.