A Maintenance Mechanic repairs and maintains various pieces of commercial manufacturing equipment, customized automation, packaging equipment and physical plant systems as well as facility structures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support production by ensuring the safe and proper operation, maintenance and repair of plant equipment.
- Follow all GMP, HAACP, and safety regulations and procedures.
- Electromechanical troubleshooting, i.e. pneumatics, pumps, VFD drives, etc.
- Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance of all plant manufacturing and supporting equipment.
- Communicate with supervisor for direction. The ability to keep supervisor informed of problems and equipment that is not working properly.
- Perform duties with or without close supervision.
- Fabricate parts as necessary to support production/plant operations.
- Perform all established PM activities.
- Identify new opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Generate work orders, complete work orders and close work orders in a CMMS system.
- Coordinate and complete projects with outside vendors.
- Perform all other related duties as requested.
Non Essential Functions:
- Participate in safety related training programs.
- Must promote a safe working environment and good GMP practices.
- Maintain a clean, neat and safe work environment. 6S experience a plus.
- Help train new employees, both production and maintenance when required.
- Run production equipment when required.
- Ensure the proper documentation of repairs and inventory of parts
- Ability to read and follow blue prints, drawings (assembly) and schematics
- Proficiency in troubleshooting: pneumatics, mechanical equipment, mechanical power transmission systems, automated processes, installing and repairing new equipment, and the ability to respond to machine and equipment issues in all areas of the facility.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work from an elevated platform.
- Must be able to work independently, follow through and complete tasks, and handle a multi-task workload.
- Must be able to work as part of a team with little to no supervision.
- Position requires 20% travel.
- High School Degree; Minimum, Two year college or technical school; Preferred
- Minimum 6 months Industrial Maintenance experience; Food, Medical, or Agricultural
- Knowledge of CMMS, PLC control panels, and basic mechanical skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Dalitso is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).