GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
The Secondary Packaging Manager ensures the final packaging of product is consistent with the demands of the consumer within the established standards of quality and cost, while providing a clean and safe work environment for all employees. This is accomplished through coordination and collaboration with the processing and primary packaging team, the manufacturing team, Quality Assurance, Inventory team and administrative departments. The Secondary Packaging Manager is also responsible for the maintaining of accurate batch records to ensure inventory control and the ultimate release & shipment of products to the market.
- Work with management team to develop and track KPIs
- Coach packaging team to establish performance measures that achieve business objectives
- Support the Packaging Department in ensuring all production of cannabis flower and extracts follows regulations and Quality Assurance guidelines
- Leads team of employees and maintains smooth efficient operation of department to package quality products in accordance with company standards.
- Directs departmental efforts to achieve goals in safety, quality, cost, customer service, efficiency, budget and waste.
- Accountable for the planned development of qualified employees to include record keeping, evaluation of skills and training of personnel. Ensures compliance with all company rules and policies, regulatory requirements and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintains safe working practices and conditions. Maintains housekeeping and GMP’s within the department.
- Coordinates with Manufacturing department, the Processing and Primary Packaging department, Quality Assurance and the Inventory team to ensure work is scheduled in the most efficient and timely manner to minimize cost and meet customer needs.
- Leads the packaging area in nurturing a continuous improvement culture and the deployment of appropriate lean ways of working.
- Ensures compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures.
- Performs in-process and post-process quality assurance testing and conducting visual inspections to ensure all product meets or exceeds specifications and patients’ expectations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Advanced level experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with reporting, analytics, and forecasting
- Solution-oriented and proactively drives process improvement
- Builds strong relationships within the team and cross-functional partners
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or business, consideration to those with relevant industry experience.
- 3-5 years relevant technical experience in a consumer packaging environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).