SENIOR FIXED ASSET ACCOUNTANT
This is your chance to be at the forefront of leading the charge to make Jushi the standard in multi-state cannabis operations. We are seeking a Fixed Asset Accountant who will be responsible for the recording, transfer, and disposition of fixed assets, recording and tracking of construction in progress, and monthly reconciliations of the fixed asset subsidiary ledger and construction in progress tracking schedule to the general ledger.
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be a key player in the Company’s 5-day close
- Record capital asset acquisitions (both newly acquired and constructed), disposals and transfers
- Use judgment in making CAPEX vs OPEX determination in accordance with US GAAP
- Run monthly depreciation for all fixed assets
- Prepare fixed asset and construction in process related journal entries as necessary
- Perform monthly reconciliations including reconciling the fixed asset subsidiary ledger and construction in progress tracking schedule to the general ledger
- Monitor capital projects and work with business partners on timely and accurate reporting of construction in progress
- Research and investigate financial variances related to fixed assets for monthly fluctuation analysis
- Prepare corporate accounting schedules required as support for quarterly and annual filings and assist with auditor fixed asset inquiries
- Ability to perform adhoc fixed asset/CIP analysis requests by management
- Identify opportunities to automate general ledger impacting activities
- Ensure compliance with accounting and reporting deadlines
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting (Active CPA or CPA eligible preferred)
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- 5+ years of demonstrated general ledger accounting experience (including fixed asset accounting experience)
- Experience working with various systems (Sage Intacct & Blackline a plus)
- Experience with system implementation and process optimization a plus
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines
- Readiness to embrace and drive process improvements/efficiencies
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.