GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
The Director of Processing will be responsible for leading the Processing Department at Jushi’s Manassas, VA facility. The role will ensure that their facility and department’s employees are compliant with local and state laws, as well as company policies and procedures. This role will oversee all processing activities at the facility, which will include all activities related to the post-harvest production of cannabis flower through primary packaging, as well as secondary packaging for both cannabis flower and infused products. The Director will lead and develop the team responsible for the processing and packaging duties in order to increase efficiency and maximize throughput while maintaining quality standards.
- Exercise authority and direction concerning operational issues and budget decisions; participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, department policies, and procedures
- Documentation and continued development of internal processes
- Continuous improvement in efficiencies, processes and procedures
- Manage and coordinate Post Harvest, Cure, Processing and Packaging operations at the facility including: daily activities, supply requests, equipment requirements, training/ development, schedules, personnel and quality assurance.
- Inventory oversight, management, and organization.
- Ensure product quality; making sure product quality is maintained while being processed, cured, and packaged.
- Ensure and oversee tracking logs of all harvested, processed and packaged product.
- Understand and perform proper curing and drying methods; understanding, maintaining and executing knowledge of correct levels of humidity and temperature ranges during various stages of production.
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, compliance updates, and techniques for operational improvement.
- Create, improve, implement, and ensure quality standards and procedures for processing and packaging operations
- Implement procedures and systems to increase efficiency, decrease costs, and effectively meet production goals and quality standards
- Manage and utilize Processing and Packaging labor force to effectively meet production goals and quality standards
- Provide coaching and direction concerning operational and personnel issues in the processing department
- Ensure product quality from each specific facility; making sure it is maintained while processed, cured, and packaged
- Monitor employee progress; coach, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through personal and professional growth
- Create, implement, and continually review systems for operational efficiency, noting problems and/or redundancies and recommending solutions to better streamline operational efficiency and quality
- Create and manage approved budgets in relation to processing and automation at the facility
- Assure compliance requirements are met or exceeded through operational and physical support at their facility.
- Support regulatory compliance activities including authoring and review of study reports, and SOPs
- Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes, and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or any related field required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of management experience in field-based project management for a company with multi-site presence
- Strong knowledge and experience of post-harvest processing of agricultural/plant material on a commercial scale
- Business acumen with broad understanding of the business model, science, facilities, engineering, process development, supply chain, quality, compliance, regulatory, and information technology expectations for cell therapy.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- Quick learner – grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, knows how to work well with diverse and dynamic teams across multiple functions, e.g., operations, sales, legal, marketing, HR, technology
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences, including their direct supervisor, upper management, and law enforcement
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).