This Director of Manufacturing will be responsible for overseeing and directly managing manufacturing within the facility. This role will provide guidance, leadership, actively manage, share information, and best practices. This Director of Manufacturing will be responsible for aligning corporate directives and initiatives, ensuring the required level of quality, safety, and service is achieved by holding the staff accountable. The Director of Manufacturing will assist in identifying and tracking KPIs established by executive management and will be responsible for ensuring brand and product alignment. Additionally, this role will be directly involved in managing safety programs and compliance, ensuring all state and local regulations are followed.
- Oversee day-to-day manufacturing operations and ensure a safe, efficient, productive and positive work environment
- Assist with product development, process development, equipment selection and installation of manufacturing equipment in collaboration with vendors and partners
- Manage ingredient, raw material, and packaging procurement, coordinate material and resource allocation
- Create and manage daily, weekly, and long-term production and sourcing schedules to meet company needs
- Develop and maintain KPIs for monitoring operational efficiency of manufacturing programs and for employees
- Hire, train and hold team members accountable to company standards
- Ensure compliance with cGMP regulations, local and state governing bodies, OSHA and other relevant worker safety regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Ensure utilization of ERP and QMS to ensure consistent products and high quality control
- Partner with technology and compliance team to ensure efficient regulatory compliance for all manufacturing related activities (document records, inventory counts, etc.)
- Maintain a robust Quality Management System to ensure consistent quality control
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Manufacturing, Engineering or similar field or at least 4 years experience in cannabis manufacturing
- Experience with hydrocarbon extraction and CO2 extraction a plus
- 10 plus years experience managing product, staff, and resources in a commercial manufacturing operation
- Contract and vendor negotiation experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve manufacturing objectives in terms of volume, product mix, cost, and quality
- Extensive knowledge in environment, health and safety standards in agricultural operations required
- Extensive knowledge of food safety, security and GMP guidelines
- Previous commercial cannabis growing experience preferred.
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must pass a drug and criminal background check
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
PAMS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).