GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical-grade cannabis formulations in the United States, offering patients and customers premium cannabis and related products.
The Assistant Payroll Manager will partner with the Payroll and Accounting team on the coordination, administration, and communication of payroll-related services, systems, and events. This position will help provide accurate and timely payroll as well as exceptional customer service to our most valuable resource, our people. The Assistant Payroll Manager will work collaboratively with a team of skilled professionals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, demonstrating precision and expertise to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Manage and assist the day-to-day multi-state payroll operations for approximately 700+ hourly union, non-union and salaried employees
- Oversees all payroll processing including Hours calculations, process adjustments, reimbursement, refunds and void checks
- Reviews, tracks, and ensures the accuracy of relocation reimbursements and sign on bonuses
- Perform vacation calculations, PTO, Vacation and Sick pay
- Reviews and assists with the correction of errors to resolve issues with all payroll runs
- Resolve payroll operations issues and manage through process improvement. Ensure payroll operations are consistent with all up to date best practices
- Monitors submissions of all approved timesheets and ensures valid data transfers
- Conducts periodic internal audits of various payroll areas, documents issues found and provides recommendations for improvement, and assists and guides staff with implementation of any changes
- Coordinates efforts between payroll, human resources, and other departments to ensure the proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports such as labor, work, overtime, leave balances, headcount, and retirement contribution reports)
- Assists in the reconciliation of year-end payroll in preparation to finalize W-2’s, amendments and tax resolution issues
- Works in collaboration with internal and external auditors as directed by the Manager
- Performs other functions and/or special projects as directed by the Manager, Payroll
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises payroll specialist and provides guidance and support to the team to ensure payroll tasks are executed in accordance with defined payroll processes
- Assist with 401(k) changes by employees; facilitate 401(k) Audits
- Work closely with the Benefit Administrator to support the Open Enrollment Process annually
- Report and Pay Workers Compensation monthly
- Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments and terminations
- Assist the Benefit Administrator reviewing benefit bills for accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with payroll.
- Provide support to the Payroll Manager to complete payroll/benefits projects as needed
- Assist the Payroll Manager in answering employee's payroll related questions and concerns with an expected high-level of helpful, efficient service.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four plus years of experience in payroll, benefit, and accounting with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience processing full-cycle multi-state payroll
- Ability to quickly grasp new technology systems
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Demonstrated the ability to maintain confidential and proprietary information
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail and judgment in decision-making
- Ability be self-directed and motivated
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).