GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
The Lead Extraction technician will be responsible for performing extraction processes within the facility.
- Leads team of 4-10 extraction technicians through daily extraction processes.
- Works directly with Extraction Manager to ensure extracts meet all requirements for compliance, stability, safety, and desired interest by management.
- Responsible for the grinding, decarb, and extraction of cannabis biomass via CO2/water/rosin press extraction.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains extraction and other manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain written and digital inventory batch records for all raw materials and in-process materials.
- Ability to work weekends to ensure leadership is present during all working hours.
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all relevant machinery, instrumentation, and equipment.
- Ensure Dietary Supplement GMPs are implemented and followed.
- Manage raw materials and coordinate material and resource allocation within extraction team
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Manufacturing, Engineering, or similar field or at least 2 years’ experience in cannabis manufacturing.
- Experience with water, CO2, and rosin press extraction techniques preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve manufacturing objectives.
- Extensive knowledge in environment, health and safety standards in manufacturing operations required.
- Extensive knowledge of extraction and chemical processing techniques.
- Previous commercial cannabis extraction experience preferred.
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner.
- Knowledge and experience related to producing medical marijuana products; extraction techniques; and routes of administration.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively, orally and in writing with various audiences.
- Knowledge and ability to use standard lab equipment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k)