The Inventory Specialist-Pharmacy Technician will report to the Pharmacist in Charge to assist retail and production facility operations. The Inventory Specialist will be responsible for:
- Checking and verifying lot batch numbers.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products and strains in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory levels and ensuring an assortment of products is available
- Manage delivery receipt of medical cannabis and the mapping of product in POS confirming accuracy of inventory transport manifest. All corrections must be done before delivery driver leaves the store.
- Build Purchase Orders from Invoices with extreme attention to detail
- Ensure that products are available to patients on the online menu by the end of delivery day on scheduled days worked.
- Communicates to Pharmacist in Charge or Assistant Pharmacy Manager and confirms when deliveries are officially mapped and completed in the system on scheduled days worked, so deliveries are properly tracked and recorded.
- Be aware of and comply with all Board of Pharmacy procedures in regards to transportation, tracking, and inventory reporting.
- Perform daily inventory counts and reconcilliations through our electronic seed-to-sale tracking system
- Accountable for system efficiency; catches, investigates, reconciles, and reports all discrepancies to Pharmacist in Charge
- Conduct inventory spot checks throughout the week on dispensary inventory
- Process purchase and sales orders upon receiving invoices/manifests and notifying Pharmacist in Charge/Assistant Pharmacy Manager of its availability to map into the system upon completion
- Keeps an eye on non-medicated levels to ensure grinders and vaporizers are still at a healthy level and notifies when in need of purchasing
- Establish inventory controls to conduct weekly inventory reviews and annual comprehensive inventories of medical marijuana at the facility. A written or electronic record shall be created or maintained of each inventory findings and the employee identification numbers, titles or positions of the person who conducts the inventory.
- Reports important info/feedback to the Pharmacist in Charge
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in any field preferred
- Experience or study emphasis in biology, medicine, horticulture, agriculture, business, management, or hospitality
- Minimum of 2 years Pharmacy Technician Experience Required
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including experience with web browsers, retail POS systems, and credit card processing terminals.
- High-level critical thinking, attention to detail, mathematical, language, and reasoning skills
- Must be comfortable adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions and decimals, and high-volume cash handling
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting and standing
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Complete any needed assistance including oversight and coverage outside of the assigned region as required
- An environment with moderate to loud noise level
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, and Paid Time Off.