The Flower Manager position provides leadership for plant activities and operations of the Cultivation Department while abiding by all applicable policies, procedures, and operational guidelines. This position is generally responsible for the day-to-day duties needed to ensure a healthy and substantial crop every harvest. This includes, but is not limited to plant maintenance, training, and harvest operations for plants in bloom. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment, strong leadership skills, and the ability to effectively interact with members of the team to ensure a positive culture. You will be reporting directly to the Director of Cultivation.
- Responsible to complete any work assigned during scheduled shifts.
- Provide any necessary support to the Director to ensure cultivation duties are efficiently and timely completed in a manner consistent with the company’s Standard Operation Procedure for each duty.
- Initial Flower Manager duties will involve essential Cultivation operations and may be expanded over time.
- Daily responsibilities include plant work, and specifically (but not exclusively) big leaf and bottom stripping in flower rooms, training staff, pest and disease identification, problem-solving issues, seed-to-sale tracking data input, sweeping and disinfecting flower/vegetative rooms, disposing of used growing media, optimizing the crop for yield and quality, and general cleaning.
- Weekly responsibilities include inventory checks, plant health assessments, organizing plant transitions, checking drippers, spot cleaning, applying predatory insects, planting, watering, and plant maintenance.
- Monthly responsibilities include harvesting and big leafing, hanging sticky cards, monitoring correct inventory tracking, preparing rooms for flip, and assisting with safety meetings.
- Responsible to follow all applicable operational guidelines, comply with verbal directives, and practice and/or implement all safety, security, sanitation, policies, procedures, rules, skills, and the like presented during training, by management, in Standard Operating Procedures, or otherwise when performing job duties.
- Responsible for tracking, maintaining, and requesting consumable inventory resources needed for plant production.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional, clean, and efficient work environment.
- Responsible for managing staff to stay organized and on task throughout the day.
- Responsible for limited data entry using Dynamic 365 to track and forecast plant inventory, as well as consumables inventory, throughout the perpetual cycle.
- Responsible to understand and follow all GACP/GMP guidelines throughout the facility.
- Perform such other duties as employee is qualified to perform and may be assigned.
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation, including but not limited to, nutrient requirements, growing media, light requirements, temperature control, and airflow.
- Experience with compliance systems.
- Strong attention to detail, especially when dealing with plant health and data-tracking.
- Advanced cannabis plant and genetics knowledge.
- Must accept accountability, have a proactive attitude, and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Active listening and effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, are critical.
- Basic math skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Basic understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and particularly those governing cannabis, and organizational rules, directives, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- A self-motivated leader who is accountable for one’s work and is also connected to the entire BH team.
- Ability to lead a team independently throughout the day in accordance with instructions.
- Ability to lead a team through action and example while maintaining a healthy work environment.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, and particularly computer equipment and software such as word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and electronic mail.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, management, customers, government representatives such as facility inspectors.
- Degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Biology, or related field, or a minimum of 2 years of experience cultivating plants, or registered in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Pharmacy Technician
- Must pass background and drug screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required of the employee for this job. Further, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- While performing duties associated with the Flower Manager position, the employee will be required to perform regular grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- The Flower Manager will be required to stand for long periods of time on a regular basis and to use their hands to perform detailed work.
- The Flower Manager can lift and carry over 50 pounds at a time as needed.
- The Flower Manager is comfortable working at heights as high as 20 feet.
Dalitso is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).