GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical-grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
The Packaging Manager leads the activities and operations required to complete the functions of the packaging department. This role is responsible for managing all activities related to the packaging, labeling, inventory, and order fulfillment of cannabis-infused products at the facility. The Packaging Manager will be responsible for the oversight of equipment, materials, and staffing necessary to meet production goals and will ensure that their facility and department’s employees are compliant with local and state laws, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Provide effective leadership to employees to ensure a complete understanding of and alignment to the Company’s vision, mission, and values to maintain a positive work environment and a high level of morale.
- Responsible for managing the daily activities of the packaging department; Skilled in planning, organizing, assigning and coordinating the activities, schedules, staff and resources of the department.
- Directly manage and utilize the packaging work force (including hiring, coaching, firing, labor planning, and workforce organization) in order to meet production goals and quality standards.
- Develops, maintains, and implements standard operating procedures for the packaging, labeling, and inventory of cannabis-infused products.
- Exercise authority and direction concerning operational issues and budget decisions; participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, department policies, and procedures
- Documentation and continued development of internal processes
- Continuous improvement in efficiencies, processes and procedures
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all relevant machinery, and equipment.
- Oversee the creation and application of labels and other packaging materials, ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Sets up, operates, monitors and maintains packaging and labeling equipment.
- Create, monitor and maintain inventory levels for all equipment, labelling, and packaging supplies.
- Knowledge of automated packaging and labeling equipment, responsible for preventative maintenance and keeping all equipment operational.
- Continuously develops, oversees and implements improvements to departments processes and procedures to meet organizational needs, increase efficiencies and drive down costs.
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, compliance updates, and techniques for operational improvement.
- Create and manage detailed reporting, comprehensive tracking and analysis of all packaged products; reporting daily, weekly and monthly as required.
- Create a proactive and positive environment where processing employees are challenged to meet as well as exceed production, quality goals, and standards.
- Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes, and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, upper management, and governmental agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Facilities, Operations Management or related previous management experience.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory and/or managerial experience leading a large diverse team of professionals.
- Must be 21 years of age at time of hire.
- Valid State driver’s license or State ID card.
- Knowledge and experience related to packaging and labeling of medical marijuana products.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment, and software, including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and electronic mail.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences, including their direct supervisor, upper management, and law enforcement
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods is common.
- Often stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds
- Often Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication may be required.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k)