WHO IS BEYOND / HELLO?
We founded and built an entire company on two small words that have massive implications. In our industry, people are about the transaction – get in, buy something, leave. They care about the bottom line. Not us, we believe in helping, in serving, in questioning, in being deliberate, intentional, fully focused on our customers.
The Dispensary Store Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations at the retail level, including staffing, training, scheduling, buying, visual merchandising, cash management, inventory management, and compliance adherence. This role requires competence in a fast-paced environment, strong leadership skills, and the ability to effectively interact with patients and other members of the team to ensure a positive culture and the best possible patient experience for our clientele.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of cannabis; its various forms, its chemical composition, effects, dosing, titrations, methods of consumption, and quality metrics
- Present a professional image in appearance, actions, and words
- Abide by city and state regulations at all times
- Receive deliveries, build purchase orders, and maintain accurate records
- Complete daily and weekly tasks/duties as assigned by Dispensary Regional Manager
- Maintain neatness, organization, and overall cleanliness of the entire store
- Hire and develop a team who are passionate about medical cannabis and the service they provide
- Lead by example through being the ultimate illustration of service, dedication, pace, positivity, and energy
- Mentor, motivate, elevate and inspire the team through training and performance reviews to ensure the company’s culture and expectations are met and exceeded
- Train store staff by reviewing, revising and implementing training materials; delivering training sessions; understanding the staff needs of the store and build depth on the bench to ensure all Company initiatives can be expedited with ease
- Follow established policies and procedures and execute all company programs for customer service, staff management, patient and visitor management, inventory management, cash handling, state compliance, and safety and security guidelines
- Identify and develop process improvements to assist with company growth
- Maintain thoughtful store scheduling to drive revenue while controlling overhead costs
- Perform daily inventory audits and record daily and monthly category sales and ensure accuracy at all times
- Oversee End of Month inventory reconciliations and report any discrepancies in real-time
- Develop strong vendor relationships and monitor, manage, and maintain proper inventory levels
- Ensure accuracy for all cash handling in the front of house and back of house
- Guide patients and employees with cannabis recommendations including product selection, affects, potency, dosing, methods of consumption, and administration
- Effectively and diplomatically handle employee or customer concerns and complaints
- Attract customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling display properties; producing merchandise displays in showcases, and on the sales floor
- Evaluate competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise
- Provide support with various employee initiatives and team building
- Provide assistance with different off and on hour events and specials
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in any field preferred
- Experience or study emphasis in biology, medicine, horticulture, agriculture, business, management, or hospitality
- Minimum of five years combined dispensary, call center, retail, sales, hospitality, or customer service experience
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including experience with web browsers, retail POS systems, and credit card processing terminals.
- High-level critical thinking, attention to detail, mathematical, language, and reasoning skills
- Must be comfortable adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions and decimals, and high-volume cash handling
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting and standing
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays; May be requested to work additional time, as business demands require
- Complete any needed assistance including oversight and coverage outside of the assigned region as needed
- An environment with moderate to loud noise level
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).