SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, RETAIL
This is your chance to be at the forefront of leading the charge to make Jushi the standard in multi-state cannabis operations. We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our Retail Accounting Team, who will perform month-end close activities, analyze, and verify financial information, prepare internal financial reports, provide information to the field, reconcile, and review GL accounts. External contacts will include vendors, banks, internal and external auditors.
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical-grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Monthly close journal entries and account reconciliations related to Revenue, COGS, Cash, Inventory, accruals, prepaids, and more (Blackline experience preferred)
- Research and investigate financial variances for monthly fluctuation analysis
- Assist or prepare schedules to support regulatory, statutory, or management reporting to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Ensure that key internal controls are in place and operating effectively including proper SOX procedures
- Assist in approving GL coding for invoices in a timely matter
- Communicate with Operations Team about various store related financials, plus driving controls
- Assist the Retail Controller in identifying opportunities to improve processes to enhance accuracy and timeliness of function
- Assist the Retail Controller in special projects throughout the year, as required
- Provide regular status updates and communicate openly with Retail Controller and above
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit preparation for external auditors
- Identify opportunities to automate general ledger impacting activities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting (Active CPA or CPA eligible preferred)
- Proficient understanding of US GAAP (IFRS knowledge a plus), as well as company accounting policies, procedures, and standards
- 3+ years of relevant general ledger experience
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel) and accounting software (Sage Intacct & Blackline a plus)
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines
- Positive attitude, detail-oriented, with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Analytical and statistical examination skills
- General knowledge of audit procedures
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members and third parties
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.