GET TO KNOW JUSHI
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
The Extraction technician will be responsible for performing extraction and refinement processes within the facility.
- Responsible for the grinding, decarb, and extraction of cannabis biomass via CO2/hydrocarbon extraction
- Responsible for performing refinement processes such as winterization, filtration, and distillation.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains extraction, refinement and other manufacturing equipment
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory experience. Ability to follow written instruction and maintain a laboratory notebook
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all relevant machinery, instrumentation, and equipment
- Ensure product meets all requirements for compliance, stability, safety, and desired interest by target audience
- Ensure Dietary Supplement GMPs are implemented and followed
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and cleaned as required
- Clean and maintain laboratory, glassware and all equipment utilized in the processing of cannabis and cannabis infused products
- Maintain batch records for all raw materials and in-process materials in all tracking systems
- Manage raw materials and coordinate material and resource allocation
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Manufacturing, Engineering, or similar field or at least 2 years’ experience in cannabis manufacturing
- Experience with hydrocarbon extraction, CO2 extraction, and distillation techniques preferred
- 4 plus years’ experience managing product, staff, and resources in a commercial manufacturing operation
- Demonstrated ability to achieve manufacturing objectives in terms of volume, product mix, cost, and quality
- Extensive knowledge in environment, health and safety standards in manufacturing operations required
- Extensive knowledge of extraction and chemical processing techniques
- Previous commercial cannabis extraction experience preferred.
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Knowledge and experience related to producing medical marijuana products; extraction techniques; and routes of administration.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively, orally and in writing with various audiences
- Knowledge and ability to use standard lab equipment; filling equipment, vacuum ovens, hot plates, extraction equipment, etc
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel with a strong attention to detail
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k)