Corporate Counsel - Commercial Transactions
CORPORATE COUNSEL – COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS:
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi Holdings Inc. ”) (CSE: JUSH) (OTCQX: JUSHF), we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Corporate Counsel – Commercial Transactions will be integrated into a fast-paced, dynamic environment, supporting the company’s Legal Department, and helping to ensure that organization-wide business strategies, policies, and programs are developed and applied in full recognition of all legal implications and risks, including the formulation of internal policies to ensure compliance with applicable law. The Corporate Counsel – Commercial Transactions will principally provide legal counsel in the areas of real property and complex commercial transactions but will also assist in legal areas ranging from general corporate matters, corporate compliance, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, employment, litigation, and training.
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 1500 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times.
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature’s Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank, The Lab, Tasteology, Nira + Medicinals and Sèche, which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Providing timely and insightful advice and counsel to the leadership team on a wide variety of legal, regulatory, compliance, and governance matters
- Ensuring that the company conducts its multi-State business operations in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Researching unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes
- Supporting collaboration across the organization and ensuring a cohesive approach that supports the achievement of business strategies and goals
- Researching a broad range of legal-related issues, including zoning and entitlement issues, contractor disputes, and cannabis laws, rules, and regulations
- Applying sound legal judgment and abiding by professional ethics.
- Providing strategic business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners
- Developing, promulgating, and enforcing appropriate company policies and processes to ensure compliance with laws and regulations applicable to its business
- Managing legal risks and assisting in managing business and disputes
- Participating in the development of corporate policies, procedures, and programs and provides counsel and guidance upon critical legal matters
- Collaborating with the company’s accounting and finance departments to manage regulatory affairs, corporate governance, and risk management initiatives
- Reviewing, drafting and/or negotiating a broad range of contracts and agreements for the business
- Developing strategic policies, processes, and educational materials to minimize company legal exposure as well as educating and training company management on legal risks and ramifications
- Moving the organization forward by working collaboratively with colleagues to arrive at and implement short and long-term organizational decisions that utilize organizational, industry, and competitive knowledge
- Demonstrating excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- JD from an accredited law school and an active bar license in good standing
- 3-5 years of professional work as an attorney
- Must have experience with real estate transactions (including negotiating and drafting real property purchase and sale agreements, sale-leaseback transactions, real property financing (including mortgages, collateralized loans, and mezzanine financing) leases, equipment purchase and lease agreements, agreements with architects, contractors, and other service providers) and complex commercial transactions.
- Experience with zoning, entitlements, surveys, easements, and other issues related to the company’s real estate portfolio
- Managing lease renewal process, including accurately identifying and maintaining data related to term expirations, renewal notice deadlines, termination, and other material deadlines
- Experience creating and supporting legal processes and internal controls
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a cross-department, cross-functional role preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word required
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.