SR. MANAGER, FORMULATION & DEVELOPMENT
This is your chance to be at the forefront of leading the charge to make Jushi the standard in multi-state cannabis operations. We are seeking a Senior Manager of Formulation and Development who will be responsible for coordinating and developing robust products and processes for the Jushi team's infused products line (confections, hard candy, gummies, chocolate etc.), from proof of concept through commercial launch. This Product Manager will be evaluating, characterizing, and testing innovative formulations to provide enhanced benefits to Jushi customers across multiple product delivery mechanisms. This position is responsible for developing and documenting the standard operating procedures for the formulation and development techniques and is responsible for staff training at all sites. The senior manager will also be responsible for providing the executive team reports associated with process efficacy, efficiency, and quality.
Candidates must reside in either VA or MA, or be within a 1-2 hour commutable range of Manassas, VA or Lakeville, MA (or open to relocation close to these areas).
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead formulation development and processes for new products, strains, styles, and types of cannabis including reformulation of existing products for improvements
- Write and implement SOP’s, manufacturing protocols and measures and ensure compliance with quality, health, safety, and regulatory requirements
- Assist with facility design, equipment selection and coordination with construction/engineering teams
- Support quality operations from a technical perspective, providing scientific insight and analysis. Authoring, editing, reviewing, and approving quality system files
- Work collaboratively with various departments such as utilizing formulation and analytical resources from various departments, production/manufacturing, quality control, quality assurance, supply, regulatory affairs, human resources, and operations
- Prepare manufacturing trial documentation for pilot / small production runs and scale-up operations
- Research and compile raw material documentation for pre-formulation assessment to ensure compliance to testing specifications and regulatory requirements, for new products and existing products whereby and new material is sourced
- Work with procurement and finance team to select materials (excipients/ medicinal ingredients) which meet financial goals and contribute to cost saving initiatives
- Recommend ingredients / processes which will improve manufacturing efficiencies
- Lead technology transfer and scale-up operations to manufacture products in-house.
- Participate in investigations into product failure including quality, potency, visual characteristics and other. Ensure involvement in all trouble-shooting activities
- Provide insight on regulatory and product development pathways for commercialization.
- Analyze results and provide strategy and insight to team
- Conduct continuous gap-assessment of formulation development
- Must be willing to travel 50-75% of the time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Chemistry
- 5+ years’ experience with product development within consumer-packaged goods, food and beverage, beauty, health and wellness or pharmaceuticals (cannabis product development highly preferred)
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Proficient in MS Office, Highly Proficient in MS Excel
- Expert knowledge of equipment, instrumentation, and procedures related to cannabis production and development
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Robust formulations and processes that meet product requirements
- On-time delivery of product developments
- Innovative approaches for product development
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.