WHO IS PAMS?
Pennsylvania Medical Solutions, LLC is focused on integrating standard medical, scientific, and operational practices into the medical cannabis industry, improving the quality, safety and affordability of cannabis-based medicines for our patients in Pennsylvania.
We are looking to for an experienced Sanitation Supervisor to design and implement our company’s sanitation policies. As a Sanitation Supervisor, you will be responsible for developing sanitation protocols in line with company, local, state and federal guidelines for Pennsylvania. You will also be required to conduct daily sanitation inspections, oversee staff training and direct all sanitation actions including cleaning, sanitizing, pest control and special projects. To be successful as a Sanitation Supervisor, you should demonstrate strong leadership skills, a willingness and ability to work well with others and a good eye for detail. A top-notch Sanitation Supervisor ensures the manufacturing facility is always up to code and running efficiently.
- Helps develop and implement strategic sanitation program, policies plans, and processes to ensure that sanitary performance meets PAMS standard as well as support Food Safety requirements towards regulatory and BOP compliance
- Manage sanitation Chemical supply and inventory
- Ensure that the plant is cleaned daily and ready to start production on time
- Maintain a safe work environment by properly implementing the IIPP (Injury Illness Prevention Programs) – Always raise safety awareness for chemical handling and equipment operation with Tag-out Lockout training.
- Ensure that the company cannabis and food safety guidelines are implemented daily
- Maintain good communication with subordinates, peers, and other members of management
- Participate in audits, facility inspections, and coordinate pre-operational inspection with Quality Management.
- Discard green waste according to BOP regulations. Assist pharmacist in disposing of cannabis oil products adequately and accordingly.
- Understand the proper method of Cannabis oil disposition per BOP regulation.
- Conduct walkthrough with Pest Control Servicer.
- Clearly communicate expectation to sanitation employees
- Recommending updates or improvements to sanitation policies and protocols as necessary or appropriate
- Implementing sanitation policies and protocols
- Coordinating and monitoring cleaning schedules
- Creating and distributing work schedules for the sanitation staff members
- Performing daily inspections of the facility and reporting any irregularities.
- Implementing corrective actions to ensure compliance with regulatory authorities
- Providing feedback to managers, and as necessary, the Pharmacist in Charge, on sanitation-related matters and advising on manufacturing changes
- Training sanitation workers and organizing refresher workshops for existing staff in a manner and at the general direction of the Pharmacist in Charge
- Coordinating the services of contractors and external cleaning teams.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, Food Science, or a similar field.
- Previous experience as a Sanitation Supervisor.
- Some knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Detailed knowledge of cleaning chemicals and safety protocols.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to design and implement training programs.
- Cannabis industry experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the GMP, HACCP, and Environmental sanitation program is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be well organized, able to multitask, and has a positive attitude.
- Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Possess a strong and independent work ethic.
- Must maintain honesty and integrity in conjunction with the company’s mission, values, and vision at-all-times.
- Must have your own automobile, a valid driver’s license, and insurance.
- Must be able to work for a United States employer without sponsorship.
- Must pass a company background check and drug screening
- Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Some heavy lifting may be required. The exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
The job is performed indoors and outdoors. Must be able to work in hot, humid environments for extended periods of time with exposure to dust, allergens, and water. Appropriate PPE will be provided. Activities include extended periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, stooping and bending. Twisting in tight areas may also be required at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Pennsylvania Medical Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability.