Assistant Pharmacy Manager works with the Pharmacist-In Charge and participates in the work of professional pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. The Assistant Pharmacy Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations including unit dose packaging, purchasing, dispensing, staffing, training, scheduling, buying, visual merchandising, cash management, inventory management, and compliance adherence. This role requires competence in a fast-paced environment, strong leadership skills, and the ability to effectively interact with patients and other members of the Team to ensure a positive culture and the best possible patient experience for our clientele. You will be reporting directly to the Pharmacist-In Charge.
- Responsibility in updating policies and procedures of the assigned section, maintain the records, and create reports as required by regulations and audits.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of cannabis; its various forms, its chemical composition, effects, dosing, titrations, methods of consumption, and quality metrics
- Present a professional image in appearance, actions, and words
- Ensure accuracy with all cash handling
- Abide by city and state regulations at all times
- Maintain suitable inventory levels, perform daily inventory audits, and conduct all End of Month Inventory Counts and Reconciliations
- Receive deliveries, build purchase orders, and maintain accurate records
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors
- Assist with Store Scheduling
- Complete daily and weekly tasks/duties as assigned by the Pharmacist-In Charge and/or Regional Manager
- Maintain neatness, organization, and overall cleanliness of the entire store
- Attract customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling display properties; producing merchandise displays in showcases, and on the sales floor
- Effectively and diplomatically handle employee or customer concerns and complaints while interfacing with the Pharmacist in Charge and the Regional Manager
- Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise
- Pre-Screen, interview, and develop a team who are passionate about medical cannabis and the service they provide
- Train store staff by reviewing, revising and implementing training materials; delivering training sessions; understanding the staff needs of the store and build depth on the bench to ensure all Company initiatives can be expedited with ease
- Lead by example through being the ultimate illustration of service, dedication, pace and energy
- Mentor, motivate, elevate and inspire the team through training and performance reviews to ensure the company’s culture and expectations are met and exceeded
- Follow established policies and procedures and execute all company programs for customer service, staff management, patient and visitor management, inventory management, cash handling, state compliance, and safety and security guidelines
- Provide support with various employee initiatives and team building
- Assist with different off and on hour events and specials
- Report all issues or complaints relating to the product to the Pharmacist-In Charge in real-time
- Work closely with the Pharmacists in Charge to regularly evaluate the performance of the team, sales, products, procedures, and the company brand
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting and standing
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays; May be requested to work additional time, as business demands require
- Complete any needed assistance including oversight and coverage outside of
- the assigned region as needed
- An environment with moderate to loud noise level
- Must hold an active Virginia Pharmacist license and be a registered medical professional.
with the Board of Pharmacy
- Must be willing to submit and pass a comprehensive background check.
- Strong team management and personal communication skills
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong compliance and regulation attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and focused
- MS Office proficient with the ability to utilize and navigate multiple software platforms with ease.
- Knowledge of cannabis
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule including evenings, weekends, opening and closing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Dalitso is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision-, Life-, Short-, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).